Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Queen Bee Mysteries

I'd like to introduce everyone to a fellow bee friend of mine. Her name is Deb Baker and in addition to loving bees, she is also a mystery author with two established series. When I asked Deb to tell my readers a bit about herself, here is what she said.

"Like honeybees, I have to keep moving, so one day I decided to write something completely different. My agent and I brainstormed. What wasn't 'beeing' done? Then we hit on the idea of introducing a beekeeper to the world of mysteries, which was perfect for me (I love nature). From that tiny glimmer, I created a small Wisconsin town and the protagonist Story Fischer, a new beekeeper with a lot to learn. My publisher liked the idea and so here I am, waiting for the first in the Queen Bee series (Buzz Off) to come out in September under my pen name Hannah Reed.

And like Story, I have much to learn about those tiny important insects. Joining the local beekeepers association and helping out in the club's beeyard has been exciting research. While having my own hives isn't an option right now, I've planted bee-friendly flowers and participate in the Great Sunflower Project every year, where I monitor and record bee activity in my area."

*******************************************

Here's a little about the book:
It's September-National Honey Month-in Moraine, Wisconsin, and things are looking up for Story Fischer. Her messy divorce is final; the honey from her beekeeping business has been harvested; and the Wild Clover, the market she owns, is thriving. Life seems pretty sweet until her mentor in the honey business is found stung to death in his apiary.

Story is still trying to explain to the panicked locals that Manny was killed by wasps, not honeybees, when another body is found floating in the Oconomowoc River. This time the evidence points to Story's ex. Sure, Clay's a womanizer and a buzz kill-but a murderer?

With the townsfolk stirred up against her honeybees, and a handsome cop-who also happens to be Story's former high school sweetheart-putting Clay in cuffs, it's up to Story to get them both out of a very sticky situation.

*******************

Buzz Off is now available for pre-order. To celebrate I'm running a special spring deal. Pre-order Buzz Off before May 1st and prove it by sending a copy of the receipt - either email (hannahreed51@gmail.com) or snail mail (email for the address) and you'll be entered in the May 1st drawing for a honey of a mystery prize. Your favorite brick-and-mortar bookstore can handle the pre-order for you. Or take care of it right now.


Order from Barnes and Noble Here
Order from Amazon Here
Visit the Queen Bee Facebook Page
Visit the Queen Bee Website


Thanks Deb,
I've got mine ordered and I can't wait to read it!




.

No comments: